What is Phishing? Phishing is a way for hackers to trick you into thinking you are entering personal information on a reputable site, like your bank's website.
Just this last week I received an email that said I received a paypal payment and to login and verify the amount. I do sell stuff from time to time on ebay and get payed by paypal. However, I knew I wasn't expecting anything. I clicked on the link and looked at the url. It was just a little different than paypal. Unless I was looking for something wrong, I would have missed it.
I can only image how many people, like my mother would have fell for this trick. Here are a few tips to avoid getting tricked by hackers. However if you fall for something like this, or perhaps a virus get installed make sure you seek professional help. If in Ashland Kentucky try Ashland PC for all your computer repair help.
1. Don't click on any links in your email. If you think it is real, type the address yourself in the address bar.
2. Nobody is going to send you random emails to validate your password.
3. If you think you were just taken, change your password immediately. Don't user Password as your password.
Even the best of us can be tricked. Just be aware of these scams.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment